The next event is the World Aikido Championships in Osaka on 13th-14th July 2013 sponsored by the Shodokan Aikido Federation.
The championships will be held on the 50th anniversary of the founding of Shodokan Aikido. This will be a time to forge or strenghten friendships and unite across the world. This event will also provide the opportunity to promote Shodokan Aikido in and around Osaka.
List of events: Randori
– Men’s Team Randori
– Men’s Individual Randori
– Women's Team Randori
– Women’s Individual Randori Embu
– 17 Basic Randori Techniques (non-dan grade, without tanto)
– 17 Basic Randori Techniques (dan grade, with tanto)
– Koryu Goshin no Kata (suwari waza and tachi waza 16 techniques)
– Free Style (free/open kata, without weapon, within 2 minutes, a second uke not allowed)
Mixed Team Event
- Referees assigned to the randori events may not take part in them as competitors; embu judges may not compete in embu events.
Before and after these dates, Nariyama Tetsuro-shihan will give a series of seminars, including an instructors’ seminar; there will also be refereeing seminars conducted by Mr. Omori Ryuichi, the Chief of the Refereeing department; and dan grading sessions from 4th dan and above.